Hard Labor Creek State Park, Rutledge, GA
May 26 - 29, 2023
Greetings Georgia Buddhist Summer Campers!
The past two years have been difficult for all of us, and as you know the past two summer camps have been virtual.
As the world health situation continues to improve, this year we have decided to cautiously return to in-person summer camp, with emphasis on the word caution.
Although we are hopeful that the worst of the current uncertainty is behind us, we have decided this year to take the middle way between the extreme of blind optimism and the extreme of fearful pessimism.
Most of our ‘regular’ monastics will not be able to attend this year due to travel concerns, etc., so that has been considered as well.
This is how things will work for 2022:
- Attendance will be restricted to forty persons, about half of previous capacity.
- Camp activities will only be scheduled for Saturday and Sunday. Cabin check-in can be on Friday May 27 and Monday May 30 will be a ‘family day’ to explore Hard Labor Creek State Park, etc.
- Cabins will be assigned on a family basis only. A family may rent a cabin for the weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights) for $628.00.
* This is the cost of your cabin and covers all people sharing the cabin. So, if there are 6 people in the cabin, that's only about $106/per person, which is actually lower than previous years' costs. Due to our generous financial donors, GBSC may be able to cover the other remaining costs of the camp.
- If several friends who already know each other well wish to rent a cabin together that will be considered also.
- Registration form & payment must be received by April 15th to ensure a cabin.
Remember, space and attendance are limited. Registration form will be available soon on our website.
We strongly encourage all who attend to be fully vaccinated for the coronavirus, and to exercise thoughtful healthy behavior. Depending on the situation, this may include requiring covid testing before attending.
There are several wonderful local monastics who plan to attend our summer camp this year, so we do plan to have good Dharma teachings, activities and discussions, etc.
More details will be forthcoming as we move forward. Please give this careful consideration before making a decision about registering. You can contact us for any questions or concerns. We sincerely hope that by next year we can be fully open as before.
May all be well… The Georgia Buddhist Summer Camp Committee 2022
We are a non-profit volunteer run organization, but we need your support in order to reserve the camp site for the next year. Please donate if you are able to, via credit card (no account / login needed) or Paypal, via the Donation button at the bottom of our site.