Hard Labor Creek State Park, Rutledge, GA
May 26 - 29, 2023
Greetings Georgia Buddhist Summer Campers!
Good news! We will be celebrating our 10th Year of Georgia Buddhist Summer Camp!
As you know, last year we decided to cautiously return to in-person summer camp, with emphasis on the word caution. This year we will continue to take the middle way between the extreme of blind optimism and the extreme of fearful pessimism.
This is how things will work for 2023:
- Attendance will be restricted to 60 persons, slightly increased in capacity from last year.
- Camp activities will only be scheduled for Saturday and Sunday. Cabin check-in is on Friday May 26. Cabin check-out is on Monday May 29. Families are free to explore Hard Labor Creek State Park after check out on Monday.
- Cabins will be assigned on a family basis only. A family may rent a cabin for the weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights) for $628.00.
* This is the cost of your cabin and covers all people sharing the cabin. So, if there are 6 people in the cabin, that's only about $106/per person, which is actually lower than previous years' costs. Due to our generous financial donors, GBSC may be able to cover the other remaining costs of the camp.
- If several friends who already know each other well wish to rent a cabin together that will be considered also. When sharing cabins, please complete 1 registration with all participant's information.
- Registration form & payment must be received by April 15th to ensure a cabin.
Remember, space and attendance are limited.
We strongly encourage all who attend to be free from Covid/Flu symptoms, and to exercise thoughtful healthy behavior. If you or any member of your family experience such symptoms prior camp, please inform us and we will refund your registration payment.
There are several wonderful out-of-state and local monastics who plan to attend our summer camp this year, so we do plan to have good Dharma teachings, activities and discussions, etc.
More details will be forthcoming as we move forward. Please give this careful consideration before making a decision about registering. You can contact us for any questions or concerns.
May all be well… The Georgia Buddhist Summer Camp Committee 2023
We are a non-profit volunteer run organization, but we need your support in order to reserve the camp site for the next year. Please donate if you are able to, via credit card (no account / login needed) or Paypal, via the Donation button at the bottom of our site.